Incredible & Edible Egg
dainikbhaskar.com | Oct 05, 2012, 09:29AM IST
World Egg Day is celebrated on the second Friday of October. This day was declared during the International Egg Commission conference in Vienna (1996) to help raise awareness of the benefits of eggs. Now it is celebrated in countries all around the world.
Health Benefits of Eggs
Eggs have 13 essential vitamins and minerals.
They are good for eyes.
Eggs are good for the heart, they can also reduce blood clots.
It is also called brain food.
Eggs contain essential nutrients to have muscular strength and maintain high energy levels. It also helps body builders and athletes to recover their muscles.
1. You can organise an Egg throwing contest at your place. It's a big sport in Great Britain.
2. Egg yolks are one of the few foods that naturally contain Vitamin D.
3. The most expensive egg ever sold was the Faberge “Winter Egg” sold in 1994 for $5.6 million.
4. In France, the bride breaks an egg on the threshold of their new home before stepping in, for luck and healthy babies.
5. In the Guiness World Records for omelet making, 427 two-egg omelets were made in 30 minutes by Howard Helmer.